Warning:This page contains words.
Why does my company need a video?
Your potential customers visit your site are looking for instant information gratification. If they can’t find it — NOW — they’re gone. Surprisingly, few sites do a good job of providing this, relying on buzzy ‘marketese’ that means nothing. A 1-2 minute video from Demo:60 can quickly tell them what your business does and how it can solve their problem.
What are the basics of what makes a great animated video?
A post on the widely-read Convince and Convert blog from Jay Baer profiled one of Demo:60′s customers — TweetReach — and the top lessons learned in their process working with us to complete their video. Read Jay’s post here.
- Lesson #1: Devote your animated demo to answering your customers’ questions, not pushing your agenda.
- Lesson #2: If you care enough to do an animated demo, care enough to do it right.
- Lesson #3: The best animated demos are bred from collaboration, not mandate.
- Lesson #4: Shorter is better for animated demos.
- Lesson #5: Understand that the audience for your animated demo are prospects already on your website.
Why should I use Demo:60 over other providers?
We encourage you to read our testimonials to see what our customers are saying — but we know you’re busy, so here are the highlights:
- Incredible portfolio of creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
- Excellent results. Phenomenal Product. Outstanding value.
- Reliable, trusted and a great vendor to work with.
- Very well received by internal stakeholders and customers…the No. 1 downloaded asset of all DVS pages in dell.com.
- Dean has a profound talent to convert ideas and concepts into winning products. He listens intently. He adapts to changing needs.
- Demo:60 makes the most obtuse concept become a sexy and digestible marketing message.
- Accessible and full of ideas for the new project.
What format is the video that I receive as a final product?
Just about any format you want. By and large, we provide final files in .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .mp4 for mobile and .flv formats. Here’s some additional technical details:
- MP4 + H.264 w/ MP3: which plays natively in Safari, Chrome, and IE9 (Vista/Windows 7). It is also your best option for a Flash video fallback, and plays natively on many devices (iOS, Android, Blackberry, PSP, Xbox, PS3, etc.)
- OGV (Theora w/ Vorbis): which plays in Firefox (3.5+), Chrome (3+), and Opera (10.54+)
- WebM + VP8: which plays in Firefox (4+), Chrome (6+ or Chromium), and Opera (10.60+)
How involved am I in the creation of this video?
Very involved. Our Demo:60 team works with you to understand your business, your objectives, and your messaging so we can create a solid script foundation. You are kept in the loop through concept sketches, storyboard design, voiceover and animation.
I’m an agency. How does Demo:60 work with me and my client?
We have worked with many agencies, both big and small, to produce videos for their clients. In some cases, we work day to day with the agency; in others, we work directly with the client. Ultimately we respect the relationship you’ve built with your client so will work with you in your preferred way. In other words, we’re flexible.
How can I use this video once it’s completed?
Let us count the ways:
- Embed it on your site’s home page, press room and About Us section
- Upload to your company’s YouTube channel, Facebook page, or other social media sites
- Share it through your company’s Twitter feed
- Include in media pitches and press releases
- Use within sales calls and training materials
- Ad sales and lead generation
- Provide to partners for their sites and other channels
Can we update the video once it’s done?
Absolutely. We understand how companies shift strategies — and with that change, comes new messaging and focus. We’re happy to work with companies to update their Demo:60 videos in the future to keep them current.
How long does an animated video take?
We estimate 6-8 weeks, but this can vary, depending on desired elements and approval process. Once we discuss your project, we can give you a better time estimate.
Who can use Demo:60?
Anyone from start-ups and small businesses to departments within big global corporations. Essentially, wherever there’s a need to demonstrate a message, point of view, technology or solution to a problem.
Can’t I just use Camtasia or some off-the-shelf product for this?
Yes. You can also use Microsoft Front Page to design your website. You can also buy your logo from a stock website. You can also drift away into the internet abyss looking like everyone else, and making a very ineffectual first impression.